Dear Ingleside ISD Community,
Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Ingleside ISD will extend the suspension of normal district operations through Monday, April 13th in an effort to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Our health officials report that cases are continuing to spread in the state, and even though we do not have any confirmed cases in our county, the testing process has increased and expectations are that positive results in our county seem likely. Suspending operations for this length of time will allow us to determine, in coordination with local health officials, whether the virus is continuing to have community spread or whether it has been contained. We are coordinating with other school districts in the county and will use the week of April 6th to make any decisions on whether there is a need to extend the suspension further. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol.
We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice.
- Keep your child at home, if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care.
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide the next update by April 8th via our website and email.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Ingleside ISD stay safe and healthy.
Free Breakfast and lunch will be available from 11:00 A.M -1:00 P.M. throughout our school closure for all students to pick up at the Ingleside Primary School. We have also created a Wi-Fi hotspot at IPS parking lot for those students using their district chromebooks who do not have Wi-Fi access at their home.
Troy Mircovich Superintendent, Ingleside ISD